Color Guard and Late band registration details:
* July 23rd from 9 AM to 11 AM in the band room
* All forms must be turned in by this time, and all fees paid (or payment plan filed)
* Please complete the online form by click the registration button on the menu or clicking here. The completed form will be emailed to you. Please print and bring with you to registration.
* Please print and fillout the required district forms found here.
Start dates for summer band:
* All color guard and percussionists start July 25
* New brass and woodwind students and all leadership start July 27
* All members start on August 1
Skills testing for all brass and woodwind students:
* July 30th - all brass and woodwind students to come to school to take part in a skills test. Note that this test will not be given to percussion or color guard students.
The skills tested on this day will be:
1. Marching skills as demonstrated by an asterisk test. All students have been working in the spring camps on the skills necessary for this test. The format for this test was explained in class during May, or in the after school practices held in March-May. There will be help sessions conducted for those students who want help on the asterisk test on July 27-29 from 10 AM to 12 noon each day. Note that this is during the time already designated for incoming 9th grade students and leadership.
2. Playing skills as demonstrated by a playing test over the Déjà vu music. We will ask students to perform excerpts from this music under the following conditions:
A. They will play one at a time with a metronome. The tempo markings will be sent to students and parents in July.
B. They will be asked to play from memory the following excerpts:
Measures 15-30, 37-52, and 70-82.
C. Help sessions for those students who want them will take place on July 27-29 from 10 AM to 12 noon. Again note that this is during the time already designated for 9th grade students’ practices.
3. The results of this skills testing day combined with the audition done in May will help determine the students’ placement in the competition vs. non-competition marching band for the fall semester.
* We would prefer that students adhere to this schedule:
8 AM to 9 AM: flutes and clarinets
9 AM to 10 AM saxophones and French horns
10 AM to 11:30 AM: trumpets,trombones, and euphonium
11:30 AM to 12 noon tubas and double reed players